Performance Development Solutions:
Achieving respect and results from resourcefulness, innovation and experience
Director | Principal Consultant | Lead Auditor Vet Quality Framework
With an impressive record of achievement spanning over 30 years, Stephen Auburn is a human resources professional who is admired and respected by colleagues, peers and clients alike.
Respect he has earned through his achievements in vocational education and training, workplace reform and organisational change, learning and development systems, public policy, performance management systems and strategic human resources planning.
A self-confessed lateral thinker, resourceful and innovative in approach, Stephen has a unique skill set that combines a deep knowledge of vocational education and training from system design, to standards writing, delivery and compliance auditing, together with strategic human resources and change management skills.
Throughout his career he has proven his ability to build strong client, stakeholder and staff relationships, which are at the foundation of delivering successful programs for clients.
Stephen established Performance Development Solutions in 2003 after working for both the Australian Commonwealth Government and the NSW Government for over 20 years in strategic and change management roles.
Over the past 11 years through PD Solutions and as an associate to Realise Performance, he has consulted extensively to organisations in vocational education and training, aged care, community services, health and government.
Stephen’s credentials were acknowledged with his appointment in October 2013 as Senior Consultant (International) to Skill Development for Inclusive Growth in India. This is a project funded by the Asia Development Bank and sponsored by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). It is a capacity building project contributing to the design and building of a national TVET system for India in order to train 150 million people by 2022.
Qualifications | Accreditations
- Bachelor of Arts (Asian Studies) – Australian National University - 1975
- Master of Education, RMIT University – 2005
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - Recognition First Pty Ltd - 2011
- Certified Lead Auditor (Quality Management Systems), Exemplar Global 2009
- Certified Professional (CAHRI) Australian Human Resources Institute
- Member Institute of Public Administration Australia
- Senior Consultant (International) (Skill Development for Inclusive Growth Project) New Delhi India 2013 - 2015
- Human Resources Manager, MSB Waterways Authority (now NSW Roads and Maritime) - 1990 – 1992
- Corporate Learning and Development Manager, Senior Project Manager Workplace Reform (Competency Based Training), NSW Roads and Traffic Authority (now NSW Roads and Maritime) - 1992 – 1996
- Senior Policy Manager, Strategic Policy & Reform, NSW Premier’s Department – (now NSW Public Service Commission) - 1996 – 1999
- Senior Project Manager, Community Services and Health Training Australia (now Community Services & Health Industry Skills Council) - 2000 – 2003 - where he managed the review and production of CHC02 Community Services Training Package.
In addition to his work with PD Solutions, Stephen is also an Associate of Realise Performance (www.realiseperformance.com.au) where he undertakes projects as Principal Consultant particularly in the Aged Care, Health and Community Services sectors.
View Stephen’s full profile on Linked In:
Contact us to discuss how Performance Development Solutions can develop a sustainable performance based culture in your organisation
T + 61 2 9690 1516
M + 61 (0) 417 276 984